Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Weatherking air conditioning unit won't turn on and was

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, my Weatherking air conditioning unit won't turn on and was looking if there was a switch on it anywhere
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The outside air conditioning unit will not turn on
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: it's a weatherking
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi I have a two zone honeywell system with a weatherking air conditioner and thermo pride furnace
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
PLease call me at(###) ###-#### *****
Expert:  airheatman replied 6 months ago.

Does indoor or outdoor either one come on? Do you have a volt meter for troubleshooting?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
indoor unit turns on when I flip the switch to on instead of auto. But it does not turn on if I leave everything on auto

Can you do some hands on troubleshooting and do you have a meter?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i can do some hands on troubleshooting but don't have a meter, only a basic wand one

Go to main thermostat and remove cover. Disconnect wires from R, Y and G and twist them together and tell me if fan and ac come on.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is that the one in the basement that controls all the zones? or one of the zone thermostats?

It will be one of the zone thermostats.It will have wires to all the terminals.R,Y,G,and W.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok, one second

Take your time

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Done. The furnace "clicked" on but nothing is running. the indicator lights for the system and zone one are both green.

To be honest,I am not familiar with that zone board and would be guessing to try to troubleshoot it.I am going to open to other experts who may be rather than guess.

I have opted out of the question to see if perhaps other experts may have more information and can assist.Please do not rate or reply as that will send question back to my desk and delay getting assistance..Please stand by to see if another expert can assist further.