Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

I'm thinking of adding electric radiant heat to my lower

Customer Question

I'm thinking of adding electric radiant heat to my lower level. Its usually damp down there. I'm planning on having new concrete poured and was going to add radiant electric heat under it. It would just be for that level, not to heat the whole house. Any thoughts from experts on this would be most helpful.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Yes that would be a great idea and the best to heat the space, plus very efficient. I would try this company for the heating element kit. CLICK HERE

Installing that in a new slab is the way to go I would always recommend doing that, the only down side to electric could be an element issue verse tubing for a boiler style system, but these are very well designed and last a very long time.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!