Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a Trane unit XL19i that is about 10 years old. Bad

Customer Question

I have a Trane unit XL19i that is about 10 years old. Bad condenscer motor. Pulled the motor and unplugged the pigtail. Simple. Took it to an ac shop to match it up and all they had was a generic replacement motor. This motor has 4 main wires and a ground. I was hoping just to get a new motor - plug it in and be on our way - but now I am not sure how to wire it into the system.
Brown wire - capacitor Brown/White (310 MFD 370VAC) White -com line Black Hi line plus a green ground wire - and it has the shore 4 wires right off the motor that are plugged in to each other that determine rotation.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.

Are you ready?