Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Reason our AC has stopped, and I really think it is the

Customer Question

For some reason our AC has stopped, and I really think it is the thermostat. I changed the batteries. There is a signal showing a small house with a "2" in the house, and an arrow pointing to the right. Does that make any sense?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: I know nothing about these things. We just bought this and moved in, but it was working even this morning.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 7 months ago.

Hello, it might be off on a 2 minute time delay... lets wait and see. If that fails, turn the thermostat off for 5 minutes, then turn it back on and tell me if it runs or not.

If it runs for a while then goes off it could be the condenser coil on the outside unit is dirty... and needs to be cleaned, we can discuss that as we go along.

Expert:  Phil replied 7 months ago.

Hold your rating until we arrive at a solution please.