Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

AC not working, replaced the thermostat Jan. Now the AC

Customer Question

AC not working, replaced the thermostat Jan. Now the AC isn't working.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The AC doesn't turn on. I have checked everything to make sure it was on, the main panel switch is on. The on off switch at the AC unit is on. I only have 4 wires at the thermostat, two red wires (1) is attached to RC the other is attached at R. Then nothing in Y, then I have two white wires, one attached to not used the other is attached to W.
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

A wire would have to be attached to Y otherwise the outside unit will not work so I would bet one of the white wires should go to Y...try and see.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!