Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

My unit is flashing a 2 and the ac isn't getting cool JA:

Customer Question

My unit is flashing a 2 and the ac isn't getting cool
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Flashing a 2 what does that mean ? Ac isn't getting cold. But if I put on heat working just fine. Problem is its 80 degrees inside
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: Not getting cool
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I need the Brand name and model number of the unit in order to locate the code. Also, about how old is it. We can go from there.