Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I replaced a thermostat that has a 5 wire connection. After

Customer Question

I replaced a thermostat that has a 5 wire connection. After matching w, r, b, g, and y, the ac will not turn on
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The old thermostat was a Bryant and this is a Honeywell 5-2 programmable
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: I got ahead of myself and disconnected the old stat before marking the wires. I assume the previous installer wired every color correctly. I
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 6 months ago.
Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help! I'm sure I can help with this. Can you please tell me the brand and model number of the outdoor unit? Thanks