airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a few Freidrich Quietmaster units in my house. They

Customer Question

I have a few Freidrich Quietmaster units in my house. They are pretty old but they all worked when we bought the house from previous owner last summer. Now, 3 out of the 4 units only display the temperature but the fan doesn't turn on. I tried pressing and holding the "moneysaver" and "filter reset" button together and then unplugging and replugging. When I held the buttons together it did seem start up the cooling component but the fan is not responding when I try to increase or decrease the speed. Seems strange that 3 units should have the same exact problem. What am I missing?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 6 months ago.

Fans could be seized from not being on if this is first time this year you have turned on. Can you try to turn blower wheel and see if they move freely

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The units are on the 2nd story of the house hanging out of the window. Not sure how I could access the blower wheel.

The blower wheel on inside should be attached to the same motor as outside fan.If you remove front, can you reach in and see if it will spin? If you have model numbers I will see

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will try to go upstairs now and try spin the fan.

Let me know.Look for model while there

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
SS08J10R-A I don't seem to be able to access the fan by taking off the front cover. I'm going to try to unscrew the venting to see if I can access it.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
not happening.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
With due respect I think I need to call a real-life repair person. How does this work with us? I would like to end the session.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars below.

Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.

To end session either rate 3 or higher or let me know so we can request a refund.Leaving a poor rating will keep session open and send back to my desk

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hello? can we end the session? what will be the final charge?

THis will be only charge

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
$24, I thought it was $5 deposit?

Not sure about the amounts. I think the deposit is just to verify credit card and whatever amount you agreed on is the one time payment.I am more than happy to send to moderators for a total refund if you are dissatisfied. We are here to help, not grab your payment and run

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I need to head out now but yes, the ad said $5 and I only pay more if satisfied. I can be reached at ***-***-*** or *******@***.*** to adjust.

Nota problem at all.Good luck with the units.I will send to moderators.