Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

Our air conditioner is not cooling. We had a tech come out

Customer Question

Our air conditioner is not cooling. We had a tech come out and he serviced it, cleaned the coils and can't find anything wrong. He is at a loss. It did get a little cooler after he serviced and cleaned the coils? Help please it's suppose to be almost 90 in a few days
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.The model number you provided is for the indoor unit, how about the outdoor unit?Are you ready?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry it's an XP13
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
Thanks,Was the service guy an experience individual or a young PUP?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He is experienced 20+ years
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
OK, when it gets hot like that You might want to ask the company if they have another tech for a second opinion, or have another company's opinion.Start your unit on cooling right now and I will ask you some questions
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
that issue will be either system is low on refrigerant or the TXV valve at the coil in the inside unit that is not sensing temp. to adjust flow of refrigerant the coil as it should.Ask your tech to test that.NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.