Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Condenser unit does not come on when thermostat calling .

Customer Question

condenser unit does not come on when thermostat calling for cool. Furnace fan comes on but no cooling. checked breakers and field switch found nothing wrong . Is there a reset on the compresser unit? The cooling unit is intertherm model # *****
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.Are you ready?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am ready
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
You will need A volt meter to check for 24V at the contactor in the outdoor unit
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am signing off.
. I do not own a volt meter .
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
we can try a few thing even if you dont have one
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thank you what can we try?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
I sent you a picture, it is a contractor, find that in your AC inside the electrical cover, and press the middle black button
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Pressed middle black button did not reset but when held in the unit ran when released the unit stopped at once
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
Good, that is not a reset, it.s a electrical relay, a least now we know your unit has 240Volts, now just missing the 24Volt to make contactor work, look at picture, it the yellow and blue wire
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not have the picture
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
here
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If the yellow and blue wire what
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
On the picture the two terminals with yellow and blue lines is where the 24 volt goes to activate AC, Do you see a small brown electrical wire coming out of the house wall and into your AC
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Have picture
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
On the picture the two terminals with yellow and blue lines is where the 24 volt goes to activate AC,Do you see a small brown electrical wire coming out of the house wall and into your AC
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I see the small wire
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
Is the 2 wires in the brown cable black and white?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
OK so thats the 24v feed that comes from t-stat when you put on cooling, inspect those 2 wire for proper connection at AC then at furnace, then in your t-stat . do you have a float switch in a pad under the furnace or maybe a drain pump beside the furnace
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the wires are black and white
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
do you have a float switch in a pan under the furnace or maybe a drain pump beside the furnace? Can you send me a picture?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
there is just a drain pan with drain gravity feeding down t hose
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
Send me a clear picture of that please
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will have to sign off for tonight it is getting dark and looks like rain I will close the unit up for tonight . There is a pan under the evaporator that drains under the trailer and to the outside
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
Ok will continue tomorrow just Send me a clear picture of that please and if you can get a volt meter that would be to our advantage