Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

I have 2 sets of wires going into my furnace 1 set red and

Customer Question

I have 2 sets of wires going into my furnace 1 set red and white from condensor and the other set red,white,blue and green the red ,white from thermostat are hooked up to W R on furnace and heat works ,wondering where blue and green from thermostat and red and white from condensor go on the board W R Y C G
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 6 months ago.
Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help! Please give me a moment to type up where all your wires should land. I'll be right back! Thanks for your patience!
On the "board", which I assume is either a furnace or air handling unit you will wire it this way: *Red from condensing unit to board Y*White from condensing unit to board C*Red from thermostat R, Rc, Rh (both terminals of any two of those with a jumper between them at the thermostat) to board R*White from thermostat W to board W*Green from thermostat G to board G*Blue from thermostat Y to board Y (along with Red from condensing unit) That's it that's all! It should work properly for both heating and cooling when wired this way. Let me know if you have further questions on this subject. Otherwise, please remember to rate before leaving (3 stars or higher please!). Bonuses are always appreciated! Thanks for allowing me to help and thanks for using Just Answer!Thank you,Brian
Hello again, I'm just checking in to see how your challenge went. Was my advice helpful? Did we conquer the goal? Let me know if I can help further.Thanks,-Brian