Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Raypack versa 2 last year I turned off it was working now

Customer Question

Raypack versa 2 last year I turned off it was working now only the pilot comes on the hether
Wont stard. Model number 135 win
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Does the pilot stay lit?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It worked last year and this year I cleaned everything nothing is broken but it does not work.
Let me see if another expert is available to assist I will be gone for a bit.
Expert:  Phil replied 5 months ago.
Hello, the gas valve diaphragm may be stuck in a grey goo that forms in some gas lines, try hitting the gas valve on the bottom with an upstroke using heavy plastic mallet or the plastic handle of a large screw driver... do this while the pilot is lit and the controls are calling for heat. Meanwhile I will see if I can pull the manual on that boiler.
Expert:  Phil replied 5 months ago. That manual does not seem to have a wiring diagram in it, look on the electrical controls section of the boiler and for a wiring diagram glued there, I can use that to coach you. Use the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar or the 'attach files' link to the left of your send button to send the picture. It needs to be taken close up, very will lit and well focused. Meantime tell me how many wires are attached to the gas valve. We can go from there
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
there are 5 wires attached and I am attaching the pictures of the diagram and the wire set up.
Expert:  Phil replied 5 months ago. pilot generators last 7 to 10 years as a rule. Make sure the pilot flame is impinging on it so that it glows red.Do those tests please, we can go from there without a time limit... that is test #1.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. It is now dark outside, I will do this tomorrow and email you.Thank you for all your help.Nick
Expert:  Phil replied 5 months ago.
Thats a good plan Nick, I will see you tomorrow