Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

A/C is indicating System malfunction, so I turned it off and

Customer Question

A/C is indicating System malfunction, so I turned it off and then restarted after 15 Min. Then send error indicated on the infinity thermostat
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: sens error indicated on the panel and A/C not turning on
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: not really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I need the brand and model number of the equipment itself...so far it sounds like one of Carriers models. The 'sens' code refers to a sensor as the cause of the outage, it it happens to be the outside air sensor, all may be OK except that it is not warm enough to allow the AC to come on. Get me the full model number, and then wait until it warms up a bit more outside... we can go from there.