Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

We have an Amana heater Model# ***** Installed in Oct. 2006.

Customer Question

We have an Amana heater Model# ***** Installed in Oct. 2006. The furnace comes on, runs until desired temp, shuts off and does not recycle.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The air conditioning system cycles properly, furnace does not.
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I replaced the glow plug.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 5 months ago.
When the furnace fails to come back when it should, are getting any error code on the furnace control board?
On the furnace control board in blower compartment there is a system status light.If that light is solid and furnace is not coming back on the issue may be with the thermostat.If the light is blinking,tell me how many flashes between pausing and that will help e guide you in troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not at the house at the moment, but we will check on the suggestions you indicated above and get back with you. Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Question: If it may be the thermostat, why does the airconditioning unit cycle properly?
Sounds good. If light is sold and furnace not coming on, remove thermostat cover and jump to R to W terminal.If heat comes on you have a thermostat issue. Just let me know and we will go from here.Do not rate answer until we are finished.As for ac working and heat not, if thermostat is issue it could be a number of things.Most thermostats today are digital with a little computer board.Many have options of how many cycles per hour the furnace or ac is allowed to cycle.One of those little resistor, diode or sensor could be out of calibration or defective.Lets not jump to conclusions or guess, though lets troubleshoot .