Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

What do you do to fix water coming from the sensor adapter

Customer Question

what do you do to fix water coming from the sensor adapter part 006714f on rheem 106 pool heater
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.
Hello.Click here please There is a flexible packing under that nut, it compresses when you turn the nut clockwise, that should stop the leak.If not then the pipe threads at that location might need to be resealed. Let me know what you can discover, we can go from there without a time limit if you will rate my work so far positively... its how I earn a living, and does not affect your charges. To rate just locate the 'rate your expert button' and follow the prompts. In exchange I will hold the question open for any follow up you might need. Thanks
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.
If 1/8th of a turn slows the leak, then we know that we are on the right track, tighten the nut a bit more in that case.