Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

JA: . How can we be of help? Customer: I am replacing my

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I am replacing my thermostat control with a nEST thermostate
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have 4 wires to my old thermostat form honewell
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: red, white, yellow and green
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 5 months ago.
I will be happy to assist you.Red wil go to RH (24 power)White will go to W1 (Controls heat)Green will go to G (Controls fan) Yellow will go to Y1 (Controls outdoor unit)
Just let me know if you have further questions before rating.If you have further questions, please let me know.Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.To rate answer, please select one of the stars below.