gregory theodorides
gregory theodorides,
Experience:  owner at pioneer air conditioning
93553692

I have a 14 year old Carrier AC Model FK4C. The filter in it

Customer Question

I have a 14 year old Carrier AC Model FK4C. The filter in it is too small, old and nasty. It's a 20x24x1 MERV 13. BUT one has to FIGHT to get it out as it's too big.
Can you tell me what size filter I need to buy for replacement filters to put into the air handler?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.
Hello, these filters come in standard sizes, 20 x 24 x1 is one of the most common standard sizes... it fits then that is the size it takes... if its difficult to get in and out the problem is with the filter support frame not the air filter. If you went down to the next smaller size it would be too small, and air would bypass the filter and clog the cooling coil with dirt. Measure the inside dimensions of the frame, and tell me what those are... we can go from there.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It measure 24x21 on the inside. BUT I had a hell of a time getting the old one out. It was buckled and really nasty
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** is with the frame that holds the filter or how the filter fits into the frame, not the air filter. Look that situation over closely, let me know what find... you can also send pictures using the 'paper clip' icon at the right end of the tool bar, or the 'attach files' link to the left of your send button. We can go from there.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Phil, Never mind. I found it on line! The previous owners had just shoved in the wrong filter size!!16-3/8x21-1/2x1 Air Filter for Carrier, Bryant and Payne MERV 13 ...Sorry to bother you. Happy to pay the $5.00 for bothering you !!
Expert:  gregory theodorides replied 6 months ago.
I am a carrier bryant dealer. What you have is a filter size specifically made for your airhandler. There are no geenric sizes available. But I have an answer for you.
p[ease contact me if you are interested. Greg
I have the information you need to get the filter(s) you need. Iv'e been waiting for your response.