Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

Replaced a Honeywell T834C1137 with a T834N1002 thermostat.

Customer Question

Replaced a Honeywell T834C1137 with a T834N1002 thermostat. Now the furnace heats up and when it gets to temp the gas valve shuts off and the fan runs to complete cycle. Then the gas comes on again an keeps heating even though points on thermostat have opened.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.Are you ready?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yes
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
I doubt t-stat for that issue, what make and model furnace do you have?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
Try putting the anticipator to the minimum seting
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Carrier 350MAV060120
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
Ok well if you set it at another heat cycle and watch the points on t-stat with the cover off after the end of cycle, the only way that furnace will start up again is t-stat ,
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.