Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

I have a HVAC Totaline P274-0200 and the display is totally

Customer Question

I have a HVAC Totaline P274-0200 and the display is totally blank. What do I need to do? I have checked the breaker box and nothing is flipped. Can I reset it or is there a replacement battery...?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.Are you ready?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am ready...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am here; I had issue logging into my account, but I am in it now. Can you please assist me?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.
I also had the same issue logging in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope not...LOL They were seriously trying my patience. So... I have the totalline P274-0200 model. There is also a long # ***** that # ***** is 2103N007897.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I noticed yesterday eve when I went to turn the AC down that the display is totally blank. I opened it up thinking it might be a battery; however, I did not see anything that looked like a battery.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.
With new batteries installed correctly with +- polarity it should light up,if not after switching between OFF to Cool, it is probably TOAST and a new t-stat will be needed. but if you want to go further you will require a volt meter NOTE: If a common wire has not been connected to terminal C inside the t-stat where the wire are, then two AA batteries are used to power the thermostat. If no batteries go bad, furnace supplies power to it. With a volt meter you can check to see if furnace is supplying power to it by checking if you get 24V between terminal R and C If you dont that means there is a problem with power supply in furnace. In furnace check Terminal R and C for 24V
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok... Lol I do not have a voltage meter. It sounds like it is TOAST... I mean, it was working, and now its not and this is the first time I have ever had any issue with it at all. So I know that it has not be previously tampered with. so...does that sound like it is TOAST?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a chick on this end and do not know much at all about electrical/mechanical stuff. Is a new thermostat easy for someone like me to install? :(
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this kind of thermostat take batteries? I really did not see any batteries in it.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.
Your t-stat does take batteries. try that first. front cover pops off or Installing a new t-stat is easy, just depends on you. If you decide to do it just take a picture of the wires to each terminal Link for replacing t-stat if you need to replace
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.
http://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-replace-your-thermostat#b
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please tell me what kind of batteries my tstat takes? I took pics of the inside. Is there a way that I can send them to you? I just did not recognize there being any batteries in there.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.
IT takes 2 AA , reread posts to update all info up to now
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.
NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.Thats how I make my living.SincerelyLuke