Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My nest thermostat takes forever to heat and cool. I have a

Customer Question

My nest thermostat takes forever to heat and cool. I have a rheem duel fuel system
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: If I set the nest to 69 it takes all day to reach the temp
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not sure the wiring is correct
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I need to know the following in detail: 1. Did the problem begin when you installed the NEST2. What wire colors go to which terminals on the NEST3. Does your unit that sits outside run in both summer and winter for both heating and cooling, or does it just run in the summer for cooling, We can go from there.