Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My inside fan is running, my outside fan is not running. I

Customer Question

My inside fan is running, my outside fan is not running. I Set it to 75 when I left for vacation, I am back, the house is 84. It is a Honeywell programmmable
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I left for 2 week vacation and have pets that were left in the house Cooling was adjusted to 75. I just got home and my Honeywell programmable is stating, "recovery". It is 84 in the house currently.
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The inside fan is running, but the condenser on the outside of the house is not.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
If it says "recovery" the cooling should be running is it not? It is saying recovery because the house is so much hotter than what the program setting should be. if the cooling isn't coming on then there is a problem with your system. Is the indoor unit running? Is the outdoor unit running but just the fan not spinning? If the outdoor unit is running is the big copper line with black insulation around it cold and wet or warm and dry?