airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I HAVE A 1000 SQ FOOT RESTAURANT AND LOOKING TO REDO THE

Customer Question

HI I HAVE A 1000 SQ FOOT RESTAURANT AND LOOKING TO REDO THE AC SYSTEM SINCE THE UNIT THAT HAS BEEN IN PLACE IS OVER 18 YEARS OLD. HOW WOULD I CACLULATE HOW MANY TONS OF AC I NEED
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 6 months ago.
There is a program called a Manual N load calculation program for doing this with. The program is relatively expensive though.Sells for about 100 bucks. You could probably get a local company to do it free if you are going to get estimates.There is a free program that is designed for residential called Mr HVAC that you could use to get you close..I will attach a link to that program.What you do is enter the square footage, wall construction type, number of windows that face different directions and their sizes. type of foundation, insulation factors. etchttp://www.mrhvac.com/free-hvac-stuff/free-heat-gain-and-loss-calculator/