Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a goodman heat pump that is less than a year old and

Customer Question

I have a goodman heat pump that is less than a year old and doesn't seem to be turning on. What do I do?
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I turned on the air yesterday and pushed the temp way down and left it on for a while. The temp did not come down much at all and the heat pump didn't go on to my knowledge.
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.I will need the model # ***** both indoor blowing unit and heat pump outsideAre you ready?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 7 months ago.
Will respond later today,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What happened to my answer?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
As I asked you previously.I will need the model # ***** both indoor blowing unit and heat pump outside
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Inside - A30-15. Outside is GSC130301AH.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is that all you need?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
For now, do you have a volt meter to do testing on your system?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No- is there a reset button on my heat pump? The inside part is working fine.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
No manual reset, model GSC----- C stands for cooling only, not a heatpump
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
No volt meter is going to limit us in getting a easy answer..Things to check and will need detailed answers to each item.1- Do you want to continue by phone?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
So what do I do now?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
need answer to my first question
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
About the phone? I don't have time now.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
OK, have a nice day..
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
Thing to check before you get back to me. answer each question please.- Did you Check your breaker for your outdoor unit?- Is your indoor blower working when you set your t-stat to cool?- Is there a sound at the outdoor unit when you turn it on. Stand outside and have someone click on T-stat, listen for a click or a hum..- Open electrical side panel on AC and check that all wiring is connected, any burned wires- In AC panel check for the contactor and press the middle part to manually activate AC. here is a link picture of a contactor.Does unit start?