Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Matt. I have a Trane air handler in my attic I recently

Customer Question

Hi Matt. I have a Trane air handler in my attic I recently turned on the AC but just to one zone It got a little cold here so we out the heat back on. Now heat is working in all zones except for zone I turned AC on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: So basically now hear works everywhere except the zone I had the AC on. But I hear a tremendous amount of air being pushed through the closest vent to the zone I hope that makes sense
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 5 months ago.
Things that could be causing problem. Thermostat bad not opening damper,bad damper motor or zone panel not working correctly. There should be a light on zone panel when that zone is calling. If there is a light on to that zone on panel thermostat is good. If not bad thermostat. Chances are it is bad damper motor but start with panel to see if light to that Zone is on. Russ