Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I can hear the unit kick on and run the outside unit runs,

Customer Question

I can hear the unit kick on and run the outside unit runs, but no cool air is blowing out of the vents
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: No cool air blowing out of vents. Fan comes on. Outside unit comes on. No air blowing
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 6 months ago.
So indoor fan does not seem to be running?Or does it sound like fan inside is running but no air coming out registers/
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Indoor fan is running. No air coming out of registers
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Anybody there?
If fan is on but no air at registers, feel of the large copper line where it goes into ac coil and outdoor unit.The indoor coi may be iced up. If so this is caused by low Freon or low air flow such as filter dirty of motor not moving enough air across coil.