Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

The GV-3 series 2 does not want to ignite it will run short

Customer Question

The GV-3 series 2 does not want to ignite it will run short time but will not light up it shuts down
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: not sure if the igniter board is heatting up to kick on the gas
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.Are you getting any LED code or light when unit shuts down?