Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Honeywell RTH 9580 WF 1005 that went completely off

Customer Question

I have a Honeywell RTH 9580 WF 1005 that went completely off a few days ago. Checked all the breakers and they're ok. In the past, I thought it was my imagination, but sometimes when the system was running at full power, display would go black and you could not operate thermostat. Eventually, it would return to normal and that's what I thought the problem to be. But 3 days later, no display and now way to run AC. Thermostat is less than 2 years old.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No other than that I have a gas furnace.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 11 months ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.If you take thermostat off the wall, do you have 24 volts AC as measured across the R and C terminals?