BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

My remote battteries were more than 4 years old. I switched

Customer Question

My remote battteries were more than 4 years old. I switched on the airconditioner. It opened and then closed with the time light blinking. I may have accidently set the timer incorrectly.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The air conditioner has operated continually since about 2006-07. No issues until now. I have tried setting the clock and then setting the time with tun on and off. However, the problem repeats even when I try to run it or cancel the timer. I have switched it off at the mains and after a delay the timer light goes out. When I switch it on and press the start button the process repeats and I am left with a blinking timer light. I have replaced the remote batteries.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 11 months ago.
I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.I just logged on and found you had not been assisted. Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet. If you would like to proceed let me know by replying. Once again use reply