Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

I Have a 14 year old triangle tube Phase III boiler/water heater

Customer Question

I Have a 14 year old triangle tube Phase III boiler/water heater combo that won't fire. Circulator pump is not pumping. All zones are open. Where do I start?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.Are you ready?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  Gaztech replied 7 months ago.
You will need a volt meter to determine if circulating pump has got power to it when system calls for heat
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The unit will not fire at all.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 7 months ago.
Can you give me the exact model number
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
HM1394
Expert:  Gaztech replied 7 months ago.
Thanksplease stand by
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I found out that it is the Hi-limit switch that was not allowing the boiler to fire. The expansion tank is full of water but there is too much pressure in the boiler. There has been puddles of water on the floor because the boiler was blowing off pressure. I have to replace the hi-limit switch. Thanks anyway for you help Luke.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 7 months ago.
Good job, I am providing you with a link on a manual for troubleshooting in case you didnt have onehttp://www.triangletube.com/documents/2/Phase%20III%20IDWH%20Trouble%20Shooting%20Guide.pdfBest regardsLuke