Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a red blue black white wire from universal fan motor.

Customer Question

I have a red blue black white wire from universal fan motor. I need to connect to relay but only red and black wire on relay not connected to anything
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I switched fan motors and now need to connect to the black and red relay wires. Relay is six pin and 6 & 4 need to be connected
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The 6 is black and 4 is red. My universal fasco motor has four wires, red, black, white & blue
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 5 months ago.

Can you tell me a bit more about what you want to know? Are you trying to determine which to connect to which terminal? Can you give me model on the unit you are installing fan in?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't know the model sticker missing

I am sure we could figure this out without it but I have to leave to go on a job so I will open to other experts while I am gone so you do not have to wait.I will check in when I return to make sure you got help.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

Hello I am LUke, I will continue with you.

Are you ready?

Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

no reply....