Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a Lochinvar Knight Boiler WHN085 in Lockout mode. Pressing

Customer Question

I have a Lochinvar Knight Boiler WHN085 in Lockout mode. Pressing the rest button does nothing. Changed out the Squire Tank. Have hot water but hydronic floor system not working. Help.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: We have hot water but hydronic system not working.
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: That's it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 5 months ago.
Did you purge the air out of the system after installing the tank? What do you have for zone control? Zone valves? if so what brand? or do you have a circulator/pump for each zone?
Expert:  Rick replied 5 months ago.
If you have DHW (domestic hot water) then this isn't likely a boiler problem. It's much more likely to be a circulation problem and I need the info requested above to diagnose the likely cause.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Replaced water heater. Emptied pex pipe in hydronic system. Replaced with new water. Purged out air. Have hot water in house. Lochinvar Knight Boiler reads "Lockout". Hydronic water system not working.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hydronic heating system not working, Sorry.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Rick replied 5 months ago.
I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.