Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

I'm installing a single speed whole house fan. I've tied into

Customer Question

I'm installing a single speed whole house fan. I've tied into an existing circuit and have run 2 wire romex down to where I plan on having a switch. I also attached 2 wire romex to the fan and have it run down to the same location. The timer switch I bought only has a red black and ground wire. I'm not sure what to attach to what.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: Thats all I have right now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Are you planning on two switches the timer and the wall switch?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That was my thought initially but the timer switch has a power button on it so I was going to bypass the second switch and only use the timer
So you are only running the fan off the timer correct?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes, if I have to I can run out and get another switch but I only have the timer right now
Ok how many connections at the timer 2 correct?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes, one from the power source and one from the fan
You would connect your White Neutral from your power source to one side of the fan then you need to run your HOT Black lead down to the timer and back up to the Black lead on the fan. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!