Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Honeywell thermostat VisionPro TH8000 Series. We

Customer Question

I have a Honeywell thermostat VisionPro TH8000 Series. We have had the system for years and it worked very nicely. Over the last few days however the temperature reading on the screen has remained at 78 degrees no matter whether I cool or heat. Does this mean the thermostat must be replaced or is there something simple I can do to remedy the problem. Boyd Hammond
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.I'm sorry to hear about your issues with your thermostat. It does seem strange that the temperature won't change whether you are heating or cooling. One thing you can try is removing power from the unit for about 20 minutes or so. To do this, you would need to take the batteries out and pull it off the wall temporarily or shut furnace power off for that length of time. This is sort of like a hard boot and may correct the problem.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.
Any luck with the procedure I mentioned?