Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.

Pearl. I have an American Freedom 80 gas furnace. It will

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I have an American Freedom 80 gas furnace. It will not heat the house. I changed the filter to no avail. I reset the furnace per the instructions and the burner will ignite but will shut off after about 10 10 seconds. It will re-try to light and I get the same result. I used an emory cloth to clean the thermocouple and that did not fix the problem. also, the Red LED light on the front of the furnace is blinking consistently and continues to do so.
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

Can I get the full model number of the unit, please? When it shuts down, are you getting an LED flash code, and if so, how many flashes?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
AUD100R936J1 is the Model number. The LED light flashes quickly and continuously when it shuts down
Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 months ago.

Sorry, I was out of the town over the weekend. Have you resolved this yet? Did you still need assistance?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 months ago.

Did you have additional questions on this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No sir. It is fixed. Thank you
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions. Otherwise, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any more questions. Remember, you can rate question at any point and still ask more questions (related to the same thing) later on. Experts prefer if you rate question at the end of our first chat.