HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

We have a trane xe90 it fires up, burners comes on runs a

Customer Question

We have a trane xe90 it fires up, burners comes on runs a few minutes and then starts to cycle on and off. Does this a few times then nothing. Shut the system off completely then turn on again, works 3-5 minutes and starts cycling again
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 7 months ago.
Hello,That is typically a dirty flame sensor rod. You need to remove the flame sensor rod by the burner and clean the rod off with emery or fine sand paper then try it again. That often will completely solve the issue for that problem. If not let me know.All I ask is please use the star rating link at the top of your page before leaving to credit me through the site.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 months ago.
Hello, If it runs a "few minutes" it is likely related to blower, filter or something else causing overheat. A sensor is usually the culprit if it 2-3 seconds cycling
Just get back to me HVAC GURU when checking it out first and then we can go from there. HVAC GURU
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the answer or did you just forget to rate the answer?