BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

The Trane 4teh3f4281000ab stopped working, bit the control

Customer Question

The Trane 4teh3f4281000ab stopped working, for a bit the control unit went blank (three days) I took it off and put it back on today and it has come back on, however our heating and cooling systems are not running. Our outside unit isn't running, and nor is the furnace. Our fan however is running. No blown fuses on the houses fuse board, but I do not know how to find the fuses on the hvac unit itself. I am at work and will be able to work on this around 12 o'clock central time. I appreciate your assistance,
Lark
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Do you see any flashing error codes on the unit?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, no flashing error codes, it is a large outside unit.
Can you get to the board at all on the unit?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
is it okay, if I message you around 12 o'clock eastern time? right now I am at work and not able to access the ac
yes that is fine
If you can upload a picture of the wiring diagram if you see it that would help.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
/Users/larkernestmasoniii/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Mail Downloads/EDAD9548-8273-4303-BB5C-2E3BF0B378D3/consumer.pdf
that link is invalid
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
http://www.trane.com/webcache/un/split%20system%20air%20handlers%20(ssa)/product/22-8301-19_1q_ah_02012009.pdf
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Does that help?
Yes I have that one as well if you get to the unit and have a wiring diagram on it just snap a pic and upload it but we can do some tests without it as well.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay, when I get there will send
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 months ago.
This is just to help guru...since I am Trane dealer I have factory issued data. This not available to the basic local appliance shops. I am attaching the manual with wiring diagram to assist. Please continue with guru and if either of you need assistance let me know as I have the entire data library. Please notice note 3 page 14. Trane 4TEH Manual Billy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay I am looking at the outside unit
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
there is a blinking green light, it is on a port called the "lite D3 Port
the manual I attached for you and guru is the indoor unit which generates the thermostat power. The note 3 on page 14 is a low voltage fuse that can cut power to the thermostat. A tripped water safety switch (in attic) or a tripped pump safety switch for condensate can mimic this same thing.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How can I check to see if the the voltage fuse has been blown?
You would need to remove the door from the indoor unit. It is the section where wiring enters...not the freon piping. Then I can direct or wait for guru to show you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
okay, I will open it up
Great..if you need to you can take a picture and post and we can point you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Fan is running. The thermostat is back on, but the outdoor unit is not running. Just turned the fan, off, the furnace is not heating.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Should I still take the door off of the furnace?
Ok, then the fuse is likely ok. So when you turn to cool....the indoor blower runs, but not the outdoor ac portion?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, the outdoor unit doesn't run
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
and the furnace is not running
Thank you, ***** ***** issue is why the thermostat was blank. Bad batteriesTripped water safetyblown fuse... But now you have thermostat power and fan but not outdoor unit. This would require seeing if the Y wire from thermostat that runs to blower and then outside have 24v. What is model number of the outdoor unit so I can get you and guru the wiring?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes it is confusing!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
just sent a photo of the thermostat
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hold on for model number
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
4twr4036c1000aa
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Mr. Guru? Any ideas what it could be that is stopping the oudoor unit from running? Like I said a little earlier there is a little green light blinking. Not sure what this denotes
looking up number now
ok here is the wiring for when your tech gets back. If he has questions just have him check with me or let me know. 4TWR Condenser
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I haven't heard anything back for sometime, Billy, is the tech coming back?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am not sure with whom I should be communicating, is it with HVAC Guru or with Billy?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Guys, please send an email if you are going to respond
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If I don't hear from you guys by tomorrow I'm going to have to send an email to customer support.
I apologize as I thought your initial tech was going to be taking of you. In the meantime we still try to make progress. If you have a meter we can test for 24v at a few points.
Sir I am sorry, Billy has come into this question and taken it over and I never saw your responses since he did and I will leave it at that. I hope he takes care of you and yes email customer support as I feel bad this has happened once again. HVAC GURU
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi guys thanks for getting back to me. I can go and get one Billy, i will be back on at 5 central time, does that work for you?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Billy, if you send over the points I should check on the outdoor unit and the indoor I will do so and then get back to you (will take me a while).
Ok with cover off outdoor unit... Look for the thermostat wire wire connections from the inside blower unit that run to outdoor unit. We first want terminals R and B....those should be 24vThen we want Y to B... Tell me what you have on those terminals