HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a New York Boiler. Its a hot water baseboard system

Customer Question

I have a New York Boiler. Its a hot water baseboard system . Heating the house is fine its the hot water for the sink,shower,etc. that's the problem. Most of the the time when I turn on the hot water I wait awhile for hot water and if I leave the hot water run for a while it will turn warm then cold. It tuns cold after just 3 or 4 minutes. I turn it on minutes later and I may or may not get hot water. If I had to guess I would imagine its the coil. If it is the coil can a handy do-it - yourselfer do the job?
Thanks Jim
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer: The could be bad or blocked and scaled up. This is not a DIY job though at all. I would suggest having a tech check it out as they can flush the system and check the system out to see if there is an adjustment that could be made to your boiler to cure the issue. These systems are complex and honestly it would be best to have a tech check it out. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!