Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Burner does not littered red light in window blinks continuously

Customer Question

Burner does not littered red light in window blinks continuously fan works
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: furnace is a american standard freedom 80 single stage. propane is on and valve open. model aud140c960k2 ser# *****
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: furnace was serviced and mother board 4 or 5 years ago.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.So the LED light on board blinks continuously, or does it blink so many flashes and then pause?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I counted 20 flashes in succession with no pauses.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.
Unless it is the heartbeat, sounds like a bad board.