Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Have a Trane unit (all in one) on flat roof . Manufactured

Customer Question

Have a Trane unit (all in one) on flat roof . Manufactured in 4/13.Model Number4wcc3060a1000ba serial number###-##-####
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Unit has never allowed fan to run. Only auto with heat/air. A technician told me that a cheaper fan motor was installed and would have to replace the motor to have that function.
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: I bought the house in 4/13. Unit did not look new then. Can I find who installed from serial numbr
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 5 months ago.
That does not sound right. Can you do some hands on troubleshooting?