Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My heat pump only

Customer Question

My heat pump only blows air through the vents in the house when the thermostat is turned to emergency heat.....nothing on AC or regular Heat
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 10 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.I will ask you if you have a volt meter for this issue your having and will need the make and complete model numbers of your indoor and outdoor unit. and the t-stat as well. These details are very important to be effective to your problem.Luke
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is a Bryant, but the tag with the model and serial number are worn. I can tell you the unit is about 10 years old. The thermostat is a White - Rogers.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 10 months ago.
I asked you if you have a volt meter for this issue your having , These details are very important to be effective to your problem. you said your Bryant furnace is ten years old? if so is it a gas, electric, air handler, oil furnace??? I need details
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's okay.....I appreciate your time, but a friend of mine is coming over this weekend to look at.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 10 months ago.
Not a problemHappy troubleshooting !!Luke