Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Need to know how to light a Modine VR8200A2132 JA: I'll

Customer Question

Hi,. Need to know how to light a Modine VR8200A2132
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Fan is on but pilot light doesn't seem to be on. When I press the pilot button nothing happen. No sound either
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.You have to put a match to the pilot burner while you hold down that button and for at least a minute after the pilot is lit. Then you can release the button. Follow the 1/4" diameter silver/aluminum tube connected to the gas valve to its end inside the burner chamber. The pilot is attached to the end of that tube.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm pretty sure that I'm trying to light the right area at the end of the tube but nothing happening. Holding down pilot button and using long grill style lighter
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Picture attached
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.
Yes that's the pilot burner. You have the dial on the gas valve set to PILOT and the gas is turned on?
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.
How did it go? Do you need more help?