Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

I cant cant my white rodgers 1f80-261 thermostat to start heat/ac/

Customer Question

i cant cant my white rodgers 1f80-261 thermostat to start heat/ac/ or fan batteries are working
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: i cant get my white rodgers 1f80 261 thermostat to start my heat/ac/fan
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: batteries seem to be working
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.Are you ready?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hi
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i am ready for answer
Expert:  Gaztech replied 7 months ago.
HY, OK we need to determine if you have 24v power coming from you furnace to the t-stat, do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
are we out of options
Expert:  Gaztech replied 7 months ago.
OK well that is a essential tool for doing what you want me to help you do,So lets try this, remove t-stat face plate to access the wires and bypass terminal R an G to see if furnace fan goes on
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
sorry i am not very well versed in hvac term can you be a little more detailes what is t stat face plate and how do i locate terminal r and g
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i figured out how to access the wires but not sure how to bypass terminal r and g
Expert:  Gaztech replied 7 months ago.
Take a shot wire like a paper clip .. and join terminal R and G together , that is where all the t-stat wire hook in to your t-stat, leave it there and listen for blower fan going on
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i believe this is way out of my league will have to call a pro down
Expert:  Gaztech replied 7 months ago.
Hope all goes well with your issue.LukeCan you click Finish and rate my service for trying to help you, this way I can be credited for helping you