Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

My thermostat is a totaline. I have only the mode, fan, and

Customer Question

My thermostat is a totaline. I have only the mode, fan, and up and down arrows on it. It keeps changing modes without anyone in the house changing it. Sometimes once it changes I can get it to change very easily and other times it will not change out of the mode it goes into. What can I do to reset it?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.Do you have batteries in the unit or is there a C wire to the unit?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There are wires.
OK can you remove the wire to the C terminal to the unit for 1 full minute then put it back on and see if it resets.
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the answer or did you just forget to rate the answer?