HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

How do I bleed an American

Customer Question

How do I bleed an American Standard freedom 80 comfort r
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: We ran the furnace dry and I am trying to restart it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: Not really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. When you say bleed it do you mean the gas? If you just start it up 2-3 times it should all be bled out. Let me know what happens. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is oil and we ran it dry. With my old furnace I had to get the air out of the line. I assumed I would have to do the same with this one. I have been starting and resetting it for the Las half hour but never get a glame
Watch this to bleed it CLICK HERE All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK that is very generic. I have done this on the old furnace but I do not know what screen to turn on this model
DO you know how to bleed it? Also have you held the reset button down for 30+ secs?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not know what screw to turn on this model to bleed it I have the valve and a bottle ready to catch the over flow, I just need to know what screw. Yes I have held the red button down for thirty seconds.
CLICK HERE
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the answer or did you just forget to rate the answer?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There was nothing that you helped me with. You were worthless. No I won't be charged or pay you for it
OK thank you!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your replies, I am sorry it didn't work out with your service