Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

I have a honeywell air cleaner HFD-110..i clean the filters

Customer Question

,i have a honeywell air cleaner HFD-110..i clean the filters and now it starts and shuts off and will NOT continue to run
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 7 months ago.
Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help! As with any electronic air cleaner, including your, if you cleaned the ifD filter cell with a wet solution, it MUST be COMPLETELY dry for the system to work. You can dry it with a hair dryer or direct sunlight to be sure. You should also press and hold the filter reset button to reset the unit filter monitor. You can also try wiping the filter contacts with isopropyl alcohol and that may help. Let me know if you have further questions on this subject. Otherwise, please remember to rate before leaving (3 stars or higher please!). Bonuses are always appreciated! Thanks for allowing me to help and thanks for using Just Answer!Thank you,Brian
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
THE filters are very dry ,i cleaned all contact points with the alcohol ...no help... there is no reset button... i pressed and held the start button and it starts and stops over and over....still not starting
The filter reset button will be on the left adjacent to the clean filter LED. The LED and button are between the main power button and the timer set button. If you can't seem to press it with finger pressure, the button can be pressed and held using a ball point pen, pencil eraser or the like. As long as you ensured the filter cartridges were in properly the filters were completely clean and dry and the filter reset was reset, there is nothing more you can do. Your unit should have a 5 year warranty Click Here for the manual and on page 10 it explains the return procedure. Let me know if you have further questions on this subject. Otherwise, please remember to rate before leaving (3 stars or higher please!). Bonuses are always appreciated! Thanks for allowing me to help and thanks for using Just Answer!Thank you,Brian
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
im not sure if we are talking about the same machine....there is no reset switch between the power button and the timer...there is 2 lights that come on to clean filters...if i hold the power button the blowers come for about 15 seconds then shut off while im still pressing the power button...when let go of the power button it stays for a few secconds....help
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
my machine is a honeywell tower air cleaner HFD-110
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
you were correct the reset button is next the filter light.....i pressed it and it still goes on and off
I'm sorry for the delay, I had to step out for a bit. All I can say there is to unplug the machine, take the filter cells out, let them sit out overnight and try again tomorrow. If your unit still fails to operate properly, I would send it in for warranty service. Thank you,Brian