Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Can I get a gas valve assembly anywhere Coleman 7670a

Customer Question

Can I get a gas valve assembly anywhere for a Coleman 7670a series 856?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The pilot light went out and I had the thermocouple changed but the pilot light still does not stay on. A technician said I need to replace the gas valve assembly on it.
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Just that the pilot light will light but won't stay on and the thermocouple is new and properly installed.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.This is a pretty old furnace, correct?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 months ago.
Because of the age of the furnace, an OEM valve will not be available. However, you don't need the OEM part. A universal standing pilot valve will work just fine. It may require changing the piping a bit (shortening or lengthening sections), but standard gas pipe will work fine.I found a good replacement valve here.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 months ago.
Did you have any questions on this?