Rick Amos
Rick Amos,
Experience:  Owner at The Comfort Zone

If I jump an x13 motor from r and g on my control board will

Customer Question

If I jump an x13 motor from r and g on my control board will it run if the motor is bad
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: My control board on a trane xt80 series has a clicking coming from a real on the board I checked for shorts in the low voltage found none but if I jump across terminals I can get blower motor to run and I don't hear anymore clicking just want to know if the board or motor is bad
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick Amos replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Yes jumping r and g is a good way of taking the thermostat and t stat wiring out of the equation. If jumping them fixes the promblem then you have an issue outside the airhandler, or with regd green connections to the board.
you should be checking for an intermitten open in the red to green circuit, not a short.
is there any update?