Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer:

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: The motor in my air handler started running very slowly. I swapped a replacement motor and capacitor in, but it still runs very slow. Is the problem the electronic control module? Thanks.
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8-Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Air handler running very slowly. Swapped in new motor and capacitor, but still running very slowly.
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: It's a Luxaire air handler.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 5 months ago.
Can you provide model on the air handler? And is motor visibly turning slowly or just not moving as much air as it should?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The model is MA16CN21H. The motor is definitely turning slowly and moving very little air. Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I figured it out. I had the new motor running the wrong way.
Ahh.Glad you got it figured out.