Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a thru the wall AC [14,500 btu]. Will have to find my

Customer Question

I have a thru the wall AC [14,500 btu]. Will have to find my manual. I bought it about 3 years ago. It stopped working. Blew the breaker [220]. When I try to trip the breaker back to on, it seems to blow the breaker immediately. Blows it as I push it to the on position. We've had thunderstorms lately. Another breaker in the box [110] was also blown. This circuit had nothing plugged into its one outlet.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 5 months ago.
Hello, there is no repair manual for almost all of those window or through the wall units, it is expected that the appliance repair people are trained in the skills needed to repair them....there are only generic instructions learned in trade schools. I am one of those types, 55 years so far fixing them. I can coach you. Tell me please a lot about your skill sets, and send me a close up, well focused photo of the unit wiring diagram glued to the top of the unit that slides out of the wall sleeve after the plastic front is removed... look for two screws at the bottom of the plastic front, remove those then pull the bottom out, and lift the front off of the two cleats on the top. Then look for two screws at the bottom after the front is removed that retain the unit inside its wall sleeve. Use the paper clip icon on the right end of your tool bar, or the 'attach files' link to the left of your send button to attach the diagram photo. Photo must be taken up close, from straight on, well lit and exceedingly well focused. We can go from there if you wish.