Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Premier Water Furnace installed in 2002. Model number

Customer Question

I have a Premier Water Furnace installed in 2002. Model number p046tl111NADSSA. The red Hi Pressure light is on and the compressor shuts off after 15 seconds. No water is being pumped into the unit. I put a new Taco valve in September. Could the new taco valve be bad?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 7 months ago.
Hello, it is more likely that there is an air bubble at the top of the ground water coil causing to vapor lock.. IF .. that is the case there should be an air vent valve installed at the highest ground water loop connection to the heat pump.If you do not see such an air vent, there are other issues we need to investigate. Tell me please of your system uses tubing buried in the ground or a water well or pond for the ground loop water source. We can go from there.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is an open loop system using a well.
Expert:  Phil replied 7 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** case it is quite likely that dirt, sand or hard water scale has fouled the ground water coil in the heat pump if air in the system does not prove to be the problem. The should also be a strainer in the pump suction line from the well, or a sand filter bank ... let me know what you can find in those regards, ***** ***** photo's of the water connections at the heat pump and the water filter or strainers in the pump area will be helpful... take the photo's from far enough away that I can see the surroundings as well. We can go from there.